Stamped Concrete and Exposed Aggregate Restoration Tips
Applying a sealer to a Stamped Concrete or Exposed Aggregate surface should be done every 2-3 years. This will help restore the look while curing and protecting the stained surface. In most cases a Wet Look Concrete Sealer is desired.
- Clean the surface to remove all dirt, grime and or stains. Pressure Washers will make the process quicker. If you need a cleaner please see this list: Concrete Cleaners
- Removing a failed sealer may be needed if the coating has turned white or yellow in color: Paver and Concrete Sealer Stripper
- Allow the area to dry completely. Usually takes 1 0r 2 days.
- Make sure to remove any dirt or debris prior to sealing. Never apply sealer to a wet or damp surface!
- The easiest way to apply a sealer is with a roller. Use a nap of 1/2" to 3/4" best best results.
- Dry time can take a few hours. Makes sure that cars stay off the area longer. Usually 24 hours is best.
*Manufacturers instructions supercede this tips!